Saturday, March 14, 2009

Samsung NC10

For quite some time I've been looking at ultra-portable notebooks (so called netbooks) as an alternative to my current 14'1 inch notebook. I completely understand the fact that the display is (much) smaller, and it will be harder to write code (at least at the beginning), but on the other hand, lower weight and smaller overal dimensions are quite an issue. Mobility is becoming more and more a factor I can't underestimate. Of course, I am not considering the smallest netbooks, like the original EEE PC, not because they're not good, but because they're  just not suitable for my work. Lately, I found out about the Samsung NC10 model. It has a 10-something inch screen, which is pretty much enough for my needs. I will need to find out if any developers have used it an dwhat their impressions are, but so far, I like it. 

This is a short video review of the machine:

No comments: